Thursday, 2 September 2010

Is it Autumn??

I seem to spend half my life thinking “where did the time go???” (And the other half thinking “God I’m bored, can’t wait until…”. Irony, wot?) The thing is, I’m pretty sure life does go by reallyreallyreally fast as you get older, so maybe I shouldn’t be surprised when I realise things like Christmas is only 4 paydays away (aaarrgghh).

Plus, of course, these summer holidays were actually only 5 weeks long, not 7 weeks like last year, so they did zip by really fast!

I dread the end of term… the idea of the kids being at home 24/7, of entertaining them, of having to deal with the fights and the bickering, the expense of the ”Canihaves” and the ”I’mboreds”. The thing is, by this end of the holidays I also dread them going back!

I get so used to the lazy mornings… sleeping in until 9am…. staying in pjs until 11… the kids playing out… dozing in the garden in the sun… (ok maybe that last bit was just wishful thinking. Damn British weather).

This post was just interrupted by me glancing at the clock, realising the time, jumping up in an adrenaline rush because oh crap! I’ve got an hour to get Babe to nursery and she hasn’t eaten or gotten dressed yet eek!

See? And THAT is what I miss about the lazy summer days. No adrenaline, no rush, no “have to”, no clock-watching just laid back and relaxed.

(Plus… and I realise this is breaking the Mother Honour Code… plus... I kind of miss my kids too. Hey, I actually LIKE my kids* and like spending time with them… stop looking at me like that… stop judging meeeeeeee!!!)

*Sometimes. Just saying.

No comments: