Thursday, 4 September 2008

The Babe Wants a Word

The Babe is in Seventh Heaven. She had chocolate ice-cream for the first time tonight. Chocolate. AND ice-cream. IN THE SAME BOWL. Whoever thought of that combination must be a genius.

              choc-icecream

Himself was swiping cash from my purse earlier, and The Babe ran over in glee. PENNIES!! "Me have penny, dad, pees?"

"Why?" Says he "Where will you put it?"

Her brow furrowed. Her outstretched palm flexed. She looked at her palm and then back at him. "Um. In my HAND?" she said. Clearly he is a simpleton.

After the! worst! summer! in! history! ever!, I threw some shaving foam onto the dining room table for the Things to draw in. Not the brightest idea I've ever had. Still, the table came up lovely and clean afterwards. Shame the same can't be said for The Babe's hair.

                  shaving-foam

This morning The Babe woke at silly o'clock, and my sleep-dazed um, considered decision was that she could just sleep next to me for the rest of the night. So I lay her in the middle and snuggled up. Suddenly she froze. Something had touched her foot. She struggled to sit up and see which interloper had invaded her space. Daddy! Outrageous. "Daddy, out! Move! You no there, you go work!"

Um. I think we had one too many lie-ins this summer, when she came in for a snuggle after he had got up for work...

No comments: