Saturday, 29 March 2008

Sunday swoons

We had a pajama day today and it's been really relaxing! Actually we didn't really have a choice since we had a slight heating problem this week, had the plumber out this weekend and as a result have had to leave the heating on full blast for 24 hours..with the sauna that the house now resembles, minimal clothing is a necessity rather than an option, and all we can do is swoon on the sofa waving a fan listlessly!

I had previously decided that today was a good day for a nice old fashioned roast beef with all the trimmings, since we have had a few very busy weekends recently, and most of us have been ill this week so have barely eaten anything. And having already bought all the ingredients I couldn't bear to waste them so in the midst of the inferno, I turned the oven on... and promptly nominated myself for a Medal of Bravery. Don't tell the Greens, but I think I did my bit for environmental warming today, radiators blazing, oven roaring and the windows all wide open with steam flying out.

So to dinner... and in the midst of the aforementioned roast beef, with its accompanying roast potatoes, yorkshire puddings, roast butternut squash (hey, the oven was on, may as well use it), Thing Two decided she was sick. Yay. The illness the decimated the whole family except her last week has now decided that it didn't really mean to leave her out and has come back with a vengeance. Ugh.

Got Thing Two cleaned up, cleared her place, set her up with a bucket and a blanket on the sofa, and then came back to finish my dinner. Himself was shocked, how on earth could I eat after all that? Pah! I've had morning sickness, evening sickness, all day and all night sickness - a little child's illness isn't going to faze me!

Incidentally, it looks like The Babe is going to follow in her sisters' footsteps re food likes. She picked at her dinner, then as soon as everyone left the table she grabbed the serving bowl of veggies and proceeded to enjoy shoving them in as her "seconds".

Nom, nom, nom!

No comments: