Sunday, 30 March 2008

Time Travel

I've just been reading this journal (I'm assuming you are all already loyal readers of hers. If not, go. Go now, take a coffee, and have a giggle). I have to say, I abso-bloody-lutely 100% agree totally. I hate the clock change deal.

First of all, I can never remember which way the clocks go, even with the "Spring Forward, Fall Back" thing. I realise it is Spring and the clocks go forward, I'm just not sure what that actually means! I pause, clock in hand, mentally counting "If it is going forward I add an hour so it is 10pm now and I put the clock to 11pm... is that right?"

Then I spend all night begruding my lack of an hour's sleep. To the point where I lie awake getting crosser and crosser, as if stewing about it and developing insomnia is going to make it any better!

Thirdly, I spend all day converting the world into "real time" in my head. Oh, The Babe slept in until 8am, that's great, but it's only-7am-in-real-time so not great. Oh, it's lunchtime but she isn't hungry, of course not it's-only11am-in-real-time. Why won't she nap, why isn't she tired... because it isn't nap-time in-real-time!

Like Katie, I drive everyone beserk with my "it's only 10am in-real-time now". I just can't get used to it. I'm just as bad in autumn, even though I appreciate the extra hour's sleep, I spend the whole day feeling like I am running late, with a sinking feeling in my stomach that I have forgotten something important.

By tomorrow, I won't see what the hassle was, and the time is just the time and it doesn't bother me. But today, today is awful and the clock changes should be banned.

No comments: